We hope you remembered to add dental exam and cleaning to your Spring Cleaning list. Did you know that most dental insurances cover 2 annual cleanings? Call your dental office to find out more.
Thank you for reading our first newsletter. In these newsletters, we will share relevant information about dental health, community developments and any office updates. – Priya Beedu DDS
Helpful hints to care for your teeth:
- Brush: You should use toothbrush with right size head and bristles to reach into all the crevices of your molars. Sometimes this may mean small or medium sized brush even for Adults.
- Enough: Many people don’t brush long enough during a hectic morning. You should brush for at least 2 full minutes, twice a day. Keep a low-cost two-minute timer where you brush.
- Technique: Start with your brush at a 45-degree angle to your gums and use short back and forth strokes across the sides and tops of your teeth. Then, hold the brush vertically and use several shorter strokes to focus on the backs of your teeth of the front anterior teeth where plaque builds up often
- Floss: Flossing gets to areas between teeth that are hard for bristles to get to. Floss should rub against the teeth in a motion that creates a forward or backward ‘C’ shape, wrapping the floss around each tooth.
- Mouthwash: Rinsing with mouthwash is the third part of your cleaning regiment. Mouthwash clears the debris that irritates the gumline and causes gingivitis.
You can find more information on maintaining your dental health on our website under Dental Health.
What age can kids brush their own teeth?
The age at which kids can brush their own teeth seems to be between the ages of 6 and 9. Some researchers concluded that 5 year-olds only brushed 25% of the surfaces of their teeth while 11 year-olds only brushed 50% of the surfaces of their teeth. Since every child is different, you will need to figure out when your child is ready to brush without any help. You can use plaque disclosing tablets to decide when you need to stop checking on their cleaning regularly.
Do you think you are too late for braces? You should consider Invisalign – The invisible alternative to quietly align your teeth back into shape. Learn more at https://www.missionviewdental.com/cosmetic-treatments/clear-braces/
In the Community
The Milpitas Bart station opening is now delayed to early 2019. We encourage and support our patients who use mass-transit to get to their appointments at our office. Ask the front desk for more details about travel credit.
Office & Staff Highlights
Did you know that our staff has been serving patients for over 100 collective years? Susanne, Diana and Shannyn have been working with patients of this office for over 15 years. Join me in thanking them for their dedication to the community.
Have a Question?
Have a dental question or feedback? Send your questions to [email protected] and we will do our best to answer your question promptly.
For feedback or topic suggestions on the newsletter, email [email protected]
Jul 19th, 2018 3:54 pm
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on Spring is gone.. Did you do your spring cleaning?