5 Ways to Get Your Smile Summer Ready
As a community, things are slowly coming back to normal from the pandemic. You have probably finished your spring-cleaning, you may be in the process of updating your wardrobe, and planning to go on vacations this summer again. And you know what happens on vacation. Photos and videos. People love to record every stop along the way, every plate of food, and moments they want to cherish. You’re no different. Make sure your smile is ready for all those moments. Our dental hygienists and dentists at Mission View Dental in Milpitas, CA will make certain that your oral health is where it needs to be.
Here are the best smile tips we can offer you to get back your summer smile.
WHAT IS A SUMMER SMILE?
I am sure you are wondering, “What exactly is a summer smile?” When you think of summer time, what comes to mind? Bright colors, happiness, and yes, a lot of smiling! A summer smile is simply a bright, healthy smile. Because smiles are contagious, it is important that those pearly whites are healthy, and the best way to maintain a healthy smile is through proactive dental care.
THE BEST SUMMER SMILE TIPS
So now that you know what a summer smile is, let’s get down to the basics of how to maintain and take care of your smile.
- In order to maintain your healthy smile, it is important that you maintain or begin regular dental check-ups. It is recommended that you visit your dentist for cleanings and exams every six months.
- In order to avoid yellowing or staining of the teeth, cut back on drinking red wine, coffee, teas, and sodas. If you are a cigarette smoker, this also causes yellowing of the teeth, so it is recommended that you also avoid that or quit if possible.
- Teeth whitening is a procedure that any dentist can do these days. There are even over-the-counter home whitening kits available at your local drugstore or pharmacy.
- Flossing is another great way to keep a beautiful summer smile. Flossing your teeth not only promotes healthy gums, but it also helps to remove unwanted food from in between your teeth. The last thing you need is for today’s lunch to take center stage in your picture!
- The last tip for your summer smile is to always keep some sort of mouth rinse on hand for quick after-meal rinsing. This not only helps to keep your teeth sparkling white, but it keeps your breath fresh and helps to prevent plaque buildup as well.
Before Vacation, Visit Mission View Dental
At our dentist office in Milpitas, we want to make sure your teeth and gums are healthy for the long term. Our Milpitas dentist will sit down with you and conduct a thorough dental exam and discuss any treatments. This is the time to ensure your teeth and gums are healthy and free of cavities and periodontal disease (also known as gum disease). Our dental hygienist will remove any hard-to-remove plaque buildup along your gumline, and then polish your teeth for a smooth and clean feel.
Get your smile completely ready for your summer vacation and for the rest of 2021. We know that with all the great summer time activities that take place, a camera is always nearby. You want to make sure that your smile is the very best! Call us and schedule your appointment, or simply visit our Request Appointment link. We look forward to getting you and your family ready for a great vacation.
Mission View Dental
Comments are closed.